WE ARE HIRING!!!
Position: Program Lead
Location: Bellandur, Bengaluru
Bunavat, founded in 2018, is a for-profit social enterprise reimagining contemporary designs via age-old textile craft traditions. Bunavat's philosophy is rooted in the principles of sustainability, social responsibility, and cultural preservation. By prioritizing traditional handwoven and handcrafted techniques, Bunavat celebrates the cultural heritage and craftsmanship of grassroots communities, while also promoting sustainable practices and reducing carbon footprint by choosing natural fibres, eco-friendly dyes, and putting the planet and its people first.
Taking a thoughtful approach to the entire lifecycle of the products and designing with integrity, Bunavat produces timeless and exclusive styles. Bunavat started with a vision to make Indian handlooms and textile crafts more accessible and relevant to the urban world while enabling last mile weavers and artisans through sustained income sources and upskilling. Bunavat works with over 1200 weavers and artisans spread across 36 villages in 11 States of India. To know more about the work, visit the website www.bunavat.com or the social media handles @bunavat.weaves (Facebook/ Instagram). Bunavat was incubated at NSRCEL, IIM Bangalore as one of the top 100 women led start- ups. It is also registered as a start-up with Startup India, under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
Bunavat is now seeking to dramatically accelerate growth. The organization is looking for a process-minded executive for the position of Program Lead as a part of the core team and will be reporting directly to the Founder for daily responsibilities. The executive will be responsible for ensuring that the organization’s operations are in line with its objectives, along with a focus on communications. This is a full-time position based in Bengaluru.
- Be actively involved in all activities and new initiatives of Bunavat
- Manage and build relationships with Bunavat’s customers and ensure timely processing, packaging and delivery of orders
- Maintain inventory including stock update on regular basis and coordinate with delivery partners for inward and outward shipments, perform demand and supply analysis and coordinate with the weaving clusters for sourcing
- Update new products from time to time on the website
- Prepare monthly sales and purchase reports and ensure proper documentation for accounting
- Ensure that all activities operate consistently and ethically within the mission and values of Bunavat
- Incorporate feedback from top management and work on multiple iterations of the operating model to meet the objectives of the organization
- Assist in building Bunavat’s offline presence and support sales through exhibitions and pop-ups
- Any other task, as per the company's requirements
- Solid educational background including an undergraduate degree.
- Preferably 6 months - 1 year of professional experience in the handloom or ecommerce sector, preferably a start-up or a franchise-based organization. Freshers may also apply.
- Strong relationship builder and communicator keen on engaging with communities.
- Passionate about Bunavat’s mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission, and values of Bunavat to external and internal stakeholders.
- Analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Passionate about handlooms and handicrafts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Action-oriented, process-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and has eye for details.
- Comfortable with change, ambiguity and understand the need for quick iterations.
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, open to feedback and self-directed.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite. Proficiency in Photoshop, Coral Draw or Illustrator will be an added benefit
- Ability to travel within or out of Bengaluru, if need arises.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of a growing start-up that was incubated by one of India’s most prestigious institutions and be able to make sustainable impact in the lives of the weaving communities. Bunavat will offer a compensation package based on the abilities of the candidate.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com or contact us on +91-9910005401.