Position: Program Lead
Bunavat, founded in 2018 is a for-profit social enterprise working directly with weavers to make traditional sustainable weaves, aspirational and fashionable for the urban women. Fast fashion is leading to environmental issues, unfair trade practices and rendering the rural weaving communities unemployed. Sourcing directly from the weavers, Bunavat therefore makes authentic handloom accessible through an e-commerce portal. To know more about our work, visit our website www.bunavat.com or our social media handles @bunavat.weaves (Facebook/ Instagram).
Bunavat was incubated at NSRCEL, IIM Bangalore as one of the top 100 women led start- ups. It is also registered as a start-up with Startup India, under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
Bunavat has been growing steadily and is now seeking to dramatically accelerate growth. The organization is looking for a process-minded executive for the position of Program Lead as a part of the core team and will be reporting directly to the Founder for daily responsibilities. The executive will be responsible for ensuring that the organization’s operations are in line with its objectives, along with a focus on communications.
- Be actively involved in all activities and new initiatives of Bunavat
- Ensure timely processing, quality check, packaging, coordination and dispatch of orders on daily basis
- Prepare monthly sales and purchase reports and ensure proper documentation for accounting
- Maintain inventory including stock update on regular basis and coordinate with delivery partners for inward and outward shipments
- Work with the Program Manager to create engaging content for social media and the website, including research on and documentation of different Indian weaves
- Ensure that all activities operate consistently and ethically within the mission and values of Bunavat
- Incorporate feedback from top management and work on multiple iterations of the operating model to meet the objectives of the organization
- Any other task, as per the company's requirements
- Solid educational background including an undergraduate degree
- Preferably 6 months - 1 year of professional experience in the handloom or ecommerce sector, preferably a start-up or a franchise-based organization. Freshers may also apply
- Strong relationship builder and communicator keen on engaging with communities
- Passionate about Bunavat’s mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission and values of Bunavat to external and internal stakeholders
- Analytical bend and a decision maker with the ability to prioritize key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about handlooms and handicrafts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English) including a flair for writing
- Action-oriented, process-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and has eye for details
- Comfortable with change, ambiguity and understand the need for quick iterations
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, open to feedback and self-directed
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite. Proficiency in Photoshop, Coral Draw or Illustrator will be an added benefit
- Ability to travel within or out of Delhi-NCR, if need arises
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of a growing start-up that was incubated by one of India’s most prestigious institutions and be able to make sustainable impact in the lives of the weaving communities. Bunavat will offer a compensation package based on the abilities of the candidate.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on +91-9667665572.